Lockout Tagout Online Course
Certify that you or your employees are ensuring that dangerous machines are properly shut off and not able to be accidentally restarted prior to maintenance or repair work by practicing safe lockout-tagout procedures. You or your employees need to take a proven lockout tagout training course online to get certified. Our Lockout Tagout Online Course is I-CAB recognized and was developed using the CSA standards Z462 – Workplace Electrical Safety and Z460-13 Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout and Other Methods.
Learn The Devices Used In, and the Possible Hazards of Lockout Tagout
With our Lockout Tagout Training Course Online, participants will learn:
- Workplace Responsibilities & Legal Requirements
- Hazard Awareness
- Devices used in Lockout Tagout
- Seven steps of proper Lockout Tagout
- Common mistakes and mishaps
The Lockout Tagout (LOTO) Online Course takes approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Our Lockout Tagout Training Course Online provides the most updated course materials and information.
Reviews and testing will take place throughout the course. Participants must achieve a mark of 80% or higher to earn their certificate of completion. Those candidates, who do not obtain the required mark in our Lockout Tagout Training Canada Course Online, will be allowed to repeat the course two additional times.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who successfully pass this program will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download for their records. This certificate is valid for 3 years.
What steps are involved in the Lockout Tagout procedure?
- Prepare for shutdown
- Notify all affected employees
- Equipment Shutdown
- Isolation of system from hazardous energy
- Dissipation (removal) of residual or stored energy
- Verify Isolation
- Perform Maintenance or Service Activity
- Remove Lockout/Tagout devices
Lockout Tagout Tips:
- Don’t neglect residual energy.
- Clear all personnel from the danger zone.
- The person who applies the lock and/or tag must also be the one who removes it.
- Before restarting, perform a thorough safety check.
- Training is an ongoing responsibility.
Click here for more information on lockout tagout training
Please contact us for more information
Other courses you may be interested in:
Propane Cylinder Handling Online Course
Confined Space Awareness Online Course
Chainsaw Safety Online Course