Professional Driver Improvement (PDIC) Online Course
Every driver in the transportation industry should consider a refresher on safe driving skills and an introduction to new safe driving concepts. Our Professional Driver Improvement (PDIC) Online Course consists of 8 modules which offer professional drivers the up-to-date knowledge on driving skills and safety aspects. This online Advanced Driver Improvement Course was developed for Canada and the United States, and is also approved by the Alberta Government for a 3-point demerit reduction upon completion with a minimum 80% passing grade.
Certify Your Knowledge of Safe Driving Concepts
In the Professional Driver Improvement (PDIC) Online Course, you will learn:
- Adopting a Professional Driver’s Attitude
- Various Conditions of the Road, the Vehicle & The Driver
- Different Types of Collisions and How to Minimize Them
- What To Do After A Collision
- Recognizing & Understanding Fatigue
- What Constitutes Impaired Driving
- How to Deal With Emergencies When Driving
Duration of Professional Driving Course Online
The Professional Driver Improvement (PDIC) Online Course online takes approximately 6-7 hours to complete. It can be completed at the individuals own pace and does not need to be finished in one sitting.
Participants in the Professional Driver Improvement (PDIC) Online Course will be assessed by a quiz following each module. Once each module quiz is completed, the participant will be able to take the Final Exam. Participants must achieve a nark of 80% or higher to earn their certificate of completion. Those that do not reach the required mark will be allowed to repeat the course twice.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who successfully pass the Professional Driver Improvement (PDIC) Online Course will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download and keep for their records.
Important Statistics for Commercial Vehicles in Canada
- 1 in 5 fatal road crashes involve a transport truck.
- Drivers should leave an estimated 7-second gap between their vehicle and the vehicle in front of them.
Alberta Government PDIC and DDC Requirements
PDIC online course Preview Video