Reduce Risk on Telescoping, Articulating, or Scissor Lift Aerial Platforms
In the Aerial Platform Training Online Course, participants will learn:
- Signal words and manuals
- PPE requirements
- Various types of Aerial Platforms and their features
- Machine stability factors
- Equipment attachments and modifications
- Inspections, walk around and function test
- Hazard awareness
The Aerial Platform Training Online Course takes approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Our Aerial Work Platform or Scissor Lift Training Online offers updated study materials and information for participants.
Reviews and testing will take place throughout our Aerial Platform or Scissor Lift Training and Certification course. Participants must achieve a mark of 80% or higher to earn their certificate of completion in our Aerial Work Platform Training Online Course. Those, who do not secure the required mark, will be allowed to repeat the Aerial Work Platform Safety Training Course two additional times.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who successfully pass the Aerial Platform Training Online Course will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download for their records.
What are some types of Aerial Platforms?
- Articulating Boom Lift – has a boom arm that can bend and reach over objects.
- Telescopic Boom Lift – straight boom arms that can reach the highest jobs.
- Scissor Lift – Crisscrossing metal plates that extend to reach straight up.
- Bucket Truck / Cherry Picker – Aerial Platform built onto a wheeled vehicle.
Harnesses & Lanyards:
On boom supported equipment a body harness and lanyard is required to ensure the operator’s feet can travel no higher than the top rail of the platform during a catapult action. This also requires proper lanyard length. If an operator is wearing a lanyard with too much length, or attaches the lanyard in the wrong place on the platform, the risk remains for the operator’s feet to travel higher than the top rail.