Review Previous WHMIS Regulations and Learn New WHMIS 2015 Requirements
With our WHMIS 2015 Certification Online Course, participants will learn:
- Introduction to WHMIS 2015
- Interpretation of data sheets and labels
- Hazard Classes
- Safe storage, handling, use and disposal of hazardous chemicals
- What to do after an emergency or spill
Our WHMIS 2015 Certification Online Course offers the most advanced study materials and information available today.
Duration of Online Whmis Training
Our WHMIS 2015 online training Canada Course takes approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Participants must achieve a mark of 80% or higher to earn their certificate of completion. Those that do not reach the required mark will be allowed to repeat the course two additional times.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who successfully pass the WHMIS 2015 Certification Online Course will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download for their records.
What are the differences between WHMIS and WHMIS 2015?
- The original Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) laws were put in place in 1988 to plan for providing information on the safe use of hazardous materials used in Canadian workplaces.
- WHMIS was updated in 2015 to meet the standards of the GHS (Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals)
- Under WHMIS 2015, “controlled products” are called “hazardous products”
- WHMIS 2015 has new rules for classifying hazardous workplace chemicals;
- There are now two main hazard classes – physical hazards and health hazards
- There are now new label requirements, including pictograms instead of symbols
- There is now a different format for safety data sheets
- The key responsibilities of suppliers, employers and workers are the same under WHMIS 2015.