Loaders and Backhoes Online Course
With our Loaders and Backhoes Online Course, you will learn:
- Introduction to the Front End Loader
- Anatomy of the machine
- Machine setup and stability
- Maintenance and inspections
- Hazard awareness
- Safe operation of the machine
Approximately 60 minutes
Testing conducted throughout this Loaders & Backhoes online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course two additional times if the pass mark of 80% is not achieved.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this Loaders & Backhoes online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
General Safety Tips for Loaders & Backhoes:
- Always be aware and locate overhead and underground lines before starting any work.
- Only operate the machine on grades approved and specified by the manufacturer.
- Alway position the machine a safe distance from trenches and excavations.
- Equipment operators must be professional trained in the proper use of the equipment.
- Ensure all control labels are clean and visible.
- Ensure all controls are working properly.
- Securely any latch attachments before starting work.
- Always conduct visual and operational checks on the machine systems and controls before using.
- Always use the rollover protection system and seat belts as supplied by the manufacturer.
- Never exceed machine load capacities when lifting materials.
- If you need to leave the machine always lower the boom with the bucket on the ground and turn off the machine.
- Inform all worksite workers of the machines’ established swing areas and potential blind spots before starting work.
- Confirm communication signals between the machine operator and workers on the ground before starting work.
- Never allow workers to work or stand under suspended loads or suspended machine components such as the boom, arm, or bucket.
- Inform all workers to never approach the machine until they signal the operator to shut down the machine and receive a positive signal from the operator.
- The use of spotters or signal persons is always recommended.
- Never allow people to ride in or work from the machine bucket.
- Workers on the worksite should always wear hi-vis clothing to be visible to the operator.
Click here for a general safety video for Loaders Backhoes