Certify Your Knowledge of How to Perform Cargo Securement for Flatbeds Trucks
In the Flatbed Cargo Securement Training Online Course, you will learn:
- Importance of cargo securement
- Responsibilities and federal regulations for drivers and carriers
- Cargo securement and CSA scores
- Load limits
- Direct and indirect tie-downs
- Proper cargo loading and securement techniques
- Pre-trip and en route inspections
- Best practices for securing common commodities
Our Flatbed Load Securement Training Online Course takes approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Participants in the Cargo Securement Flatbed Training Online Course will be assessed by a test after viewing the course material. Participants must achieve a mark of 80% or higher to earn their certificate of completion. Those that do not reach the required mark will be allowed to repeat the course two additional times. Supplemental materials necessary to complete this course can be accessed online.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who successfully pass the Cargo Securement Flatbed Training Online Course will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download for their records.
What are the most common Cargo Securement mistakes?
- Failure to prevent shifting/loss of load
- Failure to secure truck equipment (tarps, doors, tailgates, spare tires, etc.)
- Insufficient tie downs
- Damaged tie downs (unacceptable wear on chain, cuts and tears on web straps)
- Loose tie-downs
Cargo securement is extremely important to the safety of the driver. Loads should be examined within the first 90 kilometers of initial transport and again at all following stops. All tie-downs, tarps, doors, hatches, blocks/chocks, straps/chains/binders, tires, placards, lights, etc. are to be verified as secure, meaning they cannot damage the cargo or come loose and fall off the vehicle.